We understand that across a number of UK airports there are reported delays and queues associated with airport transits, specifically at check-in and passport control. To help minimise and/or avoid any disruption for your next flight, we recommend the following:
- Arrive at the airport early – allow more transit time than usual, especially at peak times
- Consider booking an airport hotel the night before for early departures
- Double-check your destination country risk status & entry requirements – these are still subject to change
- Read your airline communications – regulations such as mask wearing do still vary according to airline and/or country
- Ensure you have the right documents for your destination (COVID-19 test, vaccination certification, country-specific forms…)
- Check the validity of your passport & renew in plenty of time – most countries still require 6+ months left for travel – reports confirm waiting lists & delays in passport renewal in the UK of up to 10 weeks*
- Check you have the correct (and updated) Visas – even those with longevity such as the ESTA’s may well have expired
- Go digital where possible to minimise the need for manual intervention during transit – online check-in, automated bag drop, downloaded e-tickets, airline apps
There are opportunities at every stage of your airport transit to minimise potential disruption; through airport transfers, pre-booked train tickets, airport parking, meet & greet and airport lounges to ensure your make the most of any wait times.
To book these services, MIDAS Travel clients should contact your Travel Team.
- COVID-Hub – MIDAS Travel
- Travel Abroad from England – Government website
- Core Services – MIDAS Travel
For any other enquiries, please get in touch.
*estimated delay at time of publishing